Thursday 12/08/04

At 7 a.m., I check out of the hotel and head for Queen Street Station, uncertain of my destination for the day. After a bite from a fast food outlet, I jump on the 8.12 to Fort William. The ride is familiar, and I hop off at Corrour at 11 for an amble in the hills. I cross the line after the train departs and head west, for an outlying spur of Leum Uilleam. I watch as the hideously delayed Sleeper train creeps through Corrour station at 1 pm, four hours late. I rejoin the Fort William train at 3.30, and duly arrive there an hour later. The TIC / Tourist Information Centre scrapes the barrel for me and digs out a room for me at a B&B just up the hill from them. Very pleasant lady. Go out for a meal in the hotelbar of the Ossian hotel. People are trawling the town for rooms at 8 pm.

No comments: