Saturday 20/11/04

Another shopping jaunt to 'town', which didn't start too well. The minibus was a minute late, but thanks to an observant passenger, we didn't need to wait for the connection at Balallan. He had noticed the Hebridean Transport bus sailing through the village about 5 mintues before we arrived. So he took us right through into Stornoway. Didn't give me ticket though, said the driver would take my word for it. We shall see.

No problems with the bustickets, as I said, people know my face, and know I'm getting off at 'Ravens'. On return to the hostel decided to go for a little jaunt up the road as far as the Caverstay turn. Passed the time by tossing rocks into a frozen lochan. Makes a funny noise; the ice is but thin. On the way back, the light once again failed before I reached the hostel. Temperatures still very low, barely above freezing. It is still beautiful though...

1 comment:

ADB said...

Hi Pharm, have enjoyed getting up to date with your travels, enjoyable reading, all the adventures you have including one or two close calls with the gales etc. I have to say the travel arrangements whlst may lacking in modernity sound pretty good where you are, would make your journeying all the longer if not imposible without them. I would be interestedto know the population count in the area. I would agree with the locals on the windturbines - the few being prejudiced for the majority. Shame. And another pusscat comes to say hello... says a lot about you Pharm..they would not bother with you if you were a bad person. Keep safe and happy. Regards, Peg