Friday 29/10/04

Left Sheena's at 10 o'clock, not quite sure what I'd be doing today. The preceding evening had been marked by people coming in late from the 23.30 train, who were going on to Knoydart in the morning. Another gentleman, dressed as a performing musician (classical) was getting on the 10.30 train to Glasgow. I decided to get on the same train, but to go only as far as Fort William. On arrival there, at 11.50, I proceeded to Nevisport. No rucksacks that took my fancy, or fitted my particular anatomy of shoulders. Put one on and went 'ouch' straightaway. Pity. Ellis Brigham, across the way, had lots of rucksacks, but none jumped off the wall at me. So, went into town, looking at outdoor shops, but they made me look at them with a warped smile. Dived into Tesco's for the shopping, then had the temerity to take a taxi to the Youth Hostel, which is 2.5 miles away in Glen Nevis. £4.70 and 10 minutes later, it delivered me there, and yes, there was space. As per normal, I didn't book anything in advance. The only thing I had booked in advance in recent days were Sheena's before going to Rum and Kinloch Castle. Had to hobble back into town for a disposable camera, then proceeded to make my supper. Chili and peaches.

No comments: